Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Battle Continues.....

Okay....okay.....so I can relate!!! At least I'm not to the point where I have to go to the doctor & pay him, just so someone will look at me naked!!! Fortunately for me "Big Daddy" still enjoys the view.....although looking at myself in the mirror I have to sometimes wonder "why?" How is it that it (the weight) can come on so easily, but when you're trying to get rid of it, it becomes the "battle of all battles?" I'm proud of the weight I've lost this far (37 lbs.), but times of NOT losing anything.....this is where I start to get discouraged!!! But I continue to hear that little voice in my head "you pick & choose your own battles....don't let this one KICK YOUR ASS!!!" It's then that I force myself to stand in front of the mirror (naked)...."jiggle" my belly.....wave my "bingo arms" & "slap" my ass, telling myself that "YOU CAN DO THIS.....YOU CAN DO THIS.....YOU WILL DO THIS!!! So the battle continues....but I also keep in mind, "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn-out, shouting, 'Holy shit! What a ride!"

4 comments:

ruthee... said...

Congratulations on your 37 pound loss! I have also lost a little over 37 pounds so I KNOW you should be very, very proud!

Lady Tramaine said...

Amen, sister!
Thanks for adding me to your hen house! I will do the same (when I can figure out how again!)
Love your graphics!

Chicky said...

Go Tracy, it's your birthday!

Mitch McDad said...

Keep up the good work. But as long as hubby likes your ass...all is good. Awesome banner by the way.